Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stitched Junk Journal

Hi all,
Yes Im starting yet another journal... hehhe.
For me, part of art journalling is handmaking the journal. It is an art in itself.
I guess one day I will have so many journals, I'll never run out of pages to create in.
This journal is a first for me. I have made it using a fabric cover this time and I LOVE LOve Love it!
I was playing around on the net and saw a picture of one like this, so it's not my brainwave, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Anyway here is my cover so far. I haven't quite finished yet as I still need to sew on the cord to use as a tie to close the journal. Then more fun to come, as I will be stitching all the pages like a junk journal. I will be keeping you upto date with my progression and will be adding a tutorial shortly on my
Handmade Art Journal Tutorials page. ( It's Up Now )
Here's a peek -

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! Sonya i have so much material, an it never get used, this is such a great idea, full of yummy colours, look forward to seeing it finished an tutorial too..

    Snuggles Angel

    ReplyDelete